Skip to main content

My journey to Las Vegas

I guess everyone has heard the saying “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”. I would say it does not have to.

I am a fan of personal development stuff. Every time I get an opportunity to attend a seminar, read a book or listen to an audio recording, I just run with it. I have learned so many things in the process.

It was in late October 2008 that Gabriela,a friend of mine and life coach came to me and told me that a well known speaker and coach was conducting a 3 day intensive training in Vegas. She said that she could invite 5 people to attend for free, provided that they could pay for their own transportation and hotel accommodations. It was a great deal, because the training was a little bit expensive (I believe learning is priceless).
Needless to say I was interested, but I had not planned to travel so soon (an easy way to say that I did not have the money to do it). I told my friend that I would go with her and now I had to figure out how.

The “how” has never been my business. I just figure out what I want, and then the how will show up (what a good deal I got). That always works. Don’t ask me how it works because I don’t know (remember that the “how” is none of my business).
Around that time, I overheard people in a meeting discussing a project they wanted to do. I approached them and told them that I knew somebody who could help. They wanted to give the person a try. I called my friend and explained to him what was needed from him and he delivered. My friend was so happy about it that he offered me 10% of the deal. I did not even ask for it but I accepted it. Guess what? The trip was paid for.

What a city!! Las Vegas is so beautiful. I was so lucky because I got there a day before the training, so I had enough time to visit different places and watch a number of shows. Vegas never sleeps.

The training was great. I learned so much. One of the things the trainer talked about was setting goals. So I did. I set 5 goals of things I would like to accomplish in 2009. But after a while I forgot about these goals that I had put on paper, and it wasn’t until my move downtown (which was one of those goals) that I came across the paper again.. I was shocked to see that I had accomplished 3 of the 5 goals without even knowing it! The 2 remaining goals are within reach as I am writing this blog.

I guess what happened in Vegas did not stay there. I am glad I went there because I learned some valuable stuff. The only thing I did not commit to was giving up drinking coke (I mean coca cola….). I had stopped for a while until I went to Mali (West Africa). Their coke is amazing.

Moral of the story? Do you want to accomplish great things? Just go to Vegas, set some goals and then forget about them.

Always a pleasure
Patrick
The Journeyman
pbizindavyi6@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Pat,j'ai lu ton blog,que des histoires interressantes je t'assure,tu sais qu'en lisant tout cela,on se retrouve quelque part,c'est tellement naturel et vraie...ce que j'adore le plus c'est la fin(morale de l'histoire)iranyica....so harder bro!

    Freddy Bashirahishize,ton ancien eleve du st esprit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar