Skip to main content

My Journey to the right people at the right time

This is one of the few times that I write a blog in a rush. I am taking a trip for work and I have to be there in a few minutes. Don't worry. I will try my best not to rush my ideas (how can we do that?)

Last week I went with my friend Paul to do a presentation for a new immigrants organization on "How our thoughts affect our reality ". It was a great presentation (can I get a standing ovation please?). Before we left, we made sure that we gave each person one of the quotes that has inspired Paul and me over the years. The name of the quote is: “Everything happens for a reason”. I guess many of you have read it. If not, I should get a commission from the person who wrote it .....unfortunately, that person is unknown.

In that quote, there is a statement that says: " Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, they serve some sort of purpose, to teach you a lesson or to help you figure out who you are or who you want to become ”. I think this is true at so many levels.

There have been many people who came into my life who have helped me in a way that I will never forget. And they were there at the right time. It seems like it was by design (I believe it is). I can think of many, but I will start with the most important one .

This lady is now in her sixties . She has been through a lot of challenging times but she made it through. She kept a positive attitude, and I think that very few people could endure what she went through. Regardless, she did something that nobody will ever do for me (and what an amazing job: she gave birth to a genious). As you may have guessed. I am talking about my mom. Don't you think she is amazing? I mean, look at me! Aren't you looking at a masterpiece? Lol

I can't help but think about people who came through my path at the right time. How about the guy who paid for my flight to Canada when I was desperate to get it (three days before my trip I had no money to pay for my ticket )? How about the businessman who sponsored my entire project to bring Canadian journalists to my home country (see my blog on my journey to my first major project)? My friend Marius bought me lunch for an entire year when I had no job (how about that one?). The list goes on

As I was thinking about all of this, I thought about a friend of mine back home who told me months ago that he had lost his job. As I thought about him, I felt that I wanted to do something for him . I decided to send him some cash. When I called him today, he was very surprised for many reasons. First of all, he was surprised because it had been almost six months since we last spoke. Above all, I called him when he was at church (I was so sorry to interrupt God), and as he was praying, he thought of....me. He told me that he had decided to send me an e-mail after church just to see how I was doing. And then I called (coincidence???. I don't think so). I told him about how I wanted to help him. I could hear all the emotions on the other side of the line.

I have been blessed to meet the right people at the right time, but today I was the right person at the right time for my friend. And you know what? It feels great !

Moral of the story? Would you like to meet the right people at the right time? Just go to church, you will think of me and I will give you a call.

Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman
pbizindavyi6@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar