Skip to main content

My Journey to New York City

Believe it or not, this is the first time that I am writing a blog about a place I have never been to. But I am not worried about that because, in a couple of hours I will be on a flight heading there. Just looking at the map to see where I would be staying got me so excited. It is just a couple of blocks away from Madison Square Garden, the Mecca as Basketball fans call it. I will make sure that I have a camera with me and a pen just in case I meet people who would like to have my autograph (or the other way around). I hope to meet Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert so they can get to know a little about me, before I am invited to be on their show to promote my book (yes I heard MLK speech “I have a dream”)

The reason why I am going to New York (one of 4 trips I will take there this year) is to particiapte in a leadership course (yes we can) that will go up to October. To tell you the truth I have no idea of what to expect from the course other than what I read; I was also inspired and excited after seeing the boldness and leadership skills of the instructor. I read the promises of the course and saw how bold a leader the instructor was, it got me so excited. However, I have taken three courses from the same place and one of them resulted in me doing my first documentary. I guess this one will result in me moving to Hollywood, what do you think?

While I was thinking about it, I was amazed how life itself is a surprise. We really don't know what to expect from life. Everyday I run into surprises that make me appreciate every moment that I live. Do we really know what will happen tomorrow? Other than that I expect that tomorrow will bring me good stuff (do you remember the big wife I was talking about a while ago? lol), there are really no guarantees.

As I was leaving my office yesterday (yes I do work sometimes lol), I bumped into one of my former students. He is here in Toronto visiting. What are the odds? I think the last time I saw him was in 2002. Back then, if someone would have told me that I would meet him in Toronto in 2010, I would have told him that he/she was crazy. But here we are, a couple of years later, having a great time together in Toronto.

It's a good thing I was nice to him. If not, my guess is that he would have not been happy to see me (I would have probably hidden from him).

This is the reason why I really do my best to treat every human being right because I never know where I might meet him or her (especially her, lol) later. As you know, what goes around always comes around, a good deed is never in vain. And there is a Guy upstairs taking notice and He will make sure that there will be a return on investment. Trust me on that one.

Moral of the story? I really don't know. Just wait until I return from New York and I will tell you how many fellow superstars I met. I hope you are one of them.

Special message to the one who is reading my blog from Dubai


Always a pleasure

Patrick

The Journeyman
pbizindavyi6@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar