Skip to main content

My Journey to a wonderful lesson

As I am finishing up a fully loaded busy week, I can't help but think about a wonderful lesson I learned this week. I learned that my blog really rocks. Just kidding.

I was on the phone the other day with a great friend of mine, and she (yes it's a she) was telling me about her day and how life is good. She told me that a good friend of hers came to see her, seeking moral support as he was missing his parents who were very far from him. As my friend listened to him, as she always does with everybody, she was praying for some kind of inspiration to find the right words to say to her friend.

She came up with a pretty cool answer. She simply said to her friend: “I really understand your pain. You do miss your parents. And you should. But think about those people who miss their parents but who cannot see them anymore because they are no longer alive. At least yours are at a phone call away.” Her friend had no other words to add. It was so true.

I was so moved by my friend's answer because both her parents are no longer alive. I know she misses them but cannot talk to them. She was the right person to talk to for those kinds of questions because she has a story to tell.

My lesson did not stop there. Yesterday, as Paul and I were helping our client to apply for government grants, he began to share his story with us. In 2004 when I met him for the first time, this gentleman had nothing. He used to walk miles and miles, many times in the cold Toronto winter, as he had no money for the bus fare; however he always kept a personable smile on his face. Now, a few years later, this person is overbooked for his concerts, and very soon will be heading to the USA as his cousin, a very (I mean very) well known international artist, wants to work with him on some music projects. (I won't mention his name of course because my celebrity friends like to remain anonymous lol).

As our client was sharing his overcoming story, my friend Paul said: “I don't think I would have overcome that”. Knowing Paul very well, I know he can overcome any adversity, but I was hearing something in his voice saying “I am so thankful that I did not have to go through that”.

What I learned from my friend and my client is that I should be thankful for what I have, as little as it may seem, because somewhere on this earth,someone is praying for what I am seeing as little.

I am so grateful for the life I am living. I am not where I would like to be, but at least I can breath, I have a family that loves me, I have wonderful friends and I am good looking (just kidding.Well that’s what my mom says lol…). For those things I am so thankful and I am looking forward to a great future.

Moral of the Story? Do you want to learn a lesson, keep reading my blog and you will find out that it rocks.

Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman
pbizindavyi6@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar