Skip to main content

My Journey back home 

I ended my last blog by saying “Special message to the one who is reading my blog from Dubai ”.

As I was chatting with “The one reading my blog from Dubai ”, she asked me if I could write about my journey back home, and here I am. Your wish is my command, as it is stated in the movie “The Secret”.

 After six years away from home, it took me two minutes to decide it was time to go back (actually, these were two minutes after I received money I was not expecting lol). To tell the truth (not that I was lying before), I was so excited, but I did not know what to expect. After making that decision to visit, with the exception of my mom, my brother and one friend, nobody knew I was coming (that was my way of avoiding the paparazzi lol).

 It was a sunny day in May when I landed in my cherished homeland. On my flight from Kenya , I was sitting with a guy from the US who was travelling to Africa for the first time. I told him I was a fellow North American from Canada , and he started asking me about my country of origin. I was proud to tell him everything I knew about this wonderful country that I was so excited to see after six long years. I warned him though not to worry about looking for his gate number at the airport seeing that there was only one gate. After we landed and while exiting the plane he noticed the building to which he exclaimed “Is that it!!!??”
I was rolling with laughter.

What a joy!!! It was so great to see the place again. My mom and my brother were waiting for me at the airport. It was good timing too because my brother was also visiting home after spending four years in South Africa .

 As my brother was driving on our way home, I started laughing. This country has really changed, I said. There were more people in the streets, people riding bicycles and motorcycles all over the place and I even saw cows in the streets. Drivers were horning like crazy. It was a surreal experience within a spectacular view.

Then something hit me. This place had never changed!!! I changed. I became accustomed to a different view after spending six years away from this beautiful country.

I started to think: Isn’t this funny? When we change on the inside, it seems as if the entire world also changes around us. It was at that moment that the quote from Gandhi came alive within me. He said: “Be the change you want to see in the world.” How beautiful is that!

Since then, every time I face any adversity, I just change my view about it and it goes away. I acknowledge that this is easier said than done, but it works.
Moral of the story? Are you facing any adversity? Just visit my home country, and your challenge will go away.

Always a pleasure,
Patrick
The Journeyman.
pbizindavyi6@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar