Skip to main content

My Journey to New York City (Part two)

I didn’t know that I could time travel. Now I know. Put it this way. I am writing this blog on Thursday about a trip I am taking tonight and you are reading it on Monday about my experiences of a place in which I am yet to arrive (this does not even make sense to me too, so don’t worry if you don’t get it lol)

First of all, a big thank you (I mean big one) for those of you who sent me your e-mails (or texts). I was overwhelmed by the number and the content of your messages. Some of the messages were coming from people that I did not even know were reading my blog (I won’t mention names that is why I won’t say I was surprised by your message Lionelle lol).

My e-mail is still open for your suggestions (pbizindavyi6@gmail.com)

All right. I am heading back to New York City . Again I don’t know what to expect. All I know is that I need this trip for many reasons. I have been playing fully (even though I feel I did not give my 100%), and I am feeling empty. I need a refill (I guess New York City has become my gas station). I hope to return with a full tank.

This reminds me about a message I listened to a while ago. The guy was explaining that if X is where we are and Y being the place we want to be, Y is always outside our comfort zone (he was so right). He also said that on our journey from X to Y, sometimes we will feel like we want to give up because we may be in a uncomfortable spot. We want to return or to remain with that which is familiar to us. It is at this time where we need to fight on and keep going because the breakthrough is near (even though we don’t see it yet). I hope the information I will receive in New York will take me to my Y

I learned so much in the last few weeks. I learned that everything is about making a decision. Once that decision is made, the details will take care of themselves (even though sometimes it requires miracles for them to happen).

Last Thursday I was so busy that I didn’t even know how I would handle my day. I had to give back my friend Kijanya his guitar, go to the post office to pick up a dvd (it was the last day to pick it up otherwise it would be sent back to the US ), and then go to my appointment at 5.45 PM. There was no way I could manage all this (on top of what I was already doing).

Then I received a call from Kijanya. He was downstairs at my office (first miracle). It was 30 minutes before my appointment. There was no way I could go home to give him his guitar (he had to give guitar lessons that evening). Then his student called (second miracle). He was not far from us. He came over, gave us a ride to my home (third miracle), I picked up the guitar, then he drove me to the post office (fourth miracle) and I picked up my dvd (5 minutes before they close: fifth miracle). The
dvd was so great. It had all the information I needed to take my business to the next level (I would have missed out on all this great information if did not get to the post office in time)

I learned a valuable lesson. All I have to do is to plan what I need to do, and not to worry about the details on how they will happen.

Moral of the story? Do you want to go outside of your comfort zone? Take guitar lessons and you will get a ride when you need it

Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman
Pbizindavyi6@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Great, a good little story.
    I think everyone could find a part of simular story in his life but the hard is to know what happens and how to tale it !!
    I remember the havy day we spent in Paris, planning thinks minutes after minutes in order to get the final object : " never miss your fly to africa".Remember how we did to take every one with his bagages in a same car and have a time to visit paris in short time,and finally arrived on time without any trouble !!!We wouldn't do it if things were planed before.Then From what I read today, according to what I know about you : I just say "Man, your comfort zone still always with you. I think you have only X you're lucky man.Just stay the same one, you 're realise that since you're right ok about yourself, you're never need to go out of your comfort zone.I promise U one thing : I'll try to have some guitar lessons maybe i could reach the Y point ( or never).
    Take care brother,

    Flobobo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar