Skip to main content

My Journey to a Great Meeting

Imagine you go for a meeting and you find yourself in the presence of a group of people including an author whose book will very soon be in the hands of one million people, a web guru who is helping thousands of people to market their businesses online, a marketing genius whose business portfolio is about to reach ten million dollars, a black belt Karate instructor who is talking about another couple of properties he just acquired and who is an expert in financial fitness, a guy who is making tons of network connections in a heart beat and a sales expert who, by the end of this year would have delivered over 80 keynote speeches and presentations to sales executives. Wouldn't it be nice?

Guess what? I have been part of such a group of people for the last five months . Every Sunday afternoon, this mastermind group meets for about one hour and half to talk about our goals and how we can help each other achieve them. This group is called GoalAchievers International founded by a great friend of mine and mentor Phil Taylor.

A few months ago, I was speaking at a Toastmasters meeting and Phil Taylor happened to be in the audience (maybe he knew there was a celebrity scheduled to speak that day lol). We connected right away, and long story short, I found myself part of a group of powerhouse speakers.

Do you know what I like about the name “GoalAchievers International”? It's the word “International”. Phil Taylor has a vision of having his group in every continent. As he shared his vision with the group a few months ago, he mentioned that he would be moving to the US to expand GoalAchievers International. I was so excited for him but a little sad as my mentor would be going away.

Phil is such a great servant and he has a big heart. I have no doubt that very soon, every city in the US will hear about GoalAchievers. What a great surprise when Phil asked your Journeyman if he would be interested in taking over and becoming the President of the Canadian branch of GoalAchievers International. Are you kidding me!!!?? Talk about a humbling moment. As I lead the meeting yesterday, in the presence of greatness (these people are unbelievable), I couldn't hide my emotions. It is going to be a fun ride I am telling you. It's a dream come true.

It couldn't be better. Next month, we are organizing a one day seminar where each of these speakers will be speaking on his area of expertise. Get ready to be empowered by amazing trainers. For the first time in ages, I won't be the only celebrity in the house lol

Moral of the story? Do you want to meet great people? Keep looking good and you will attract them into your life


Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman
pbizindavyi6@gmail.com
Twitter: @journeymanstory

Comments

  1. Wow, inspiring story Patrick! And congrats on your new position with GoalAchievers International!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick, you will be a great leader of the group and with your leadership we will go to the next level!

    JG Francoeur
    Author, MESSY Manager
    P.S. Get a complimentary copy of my book: http://www.MESSYManager.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far