Skip to main content

My Journey to a cool week

After a few days in Rwanda, I returned to Burundi with no other plans to travel. I have to prepare for the main event in August (remember to watch CNN that day). However, that alone cannot take all my time. I still have time to relax, visit friends, do some Goal Achievers Work, play some Basketball and run in the morning up the hills surrounding the city. I have also had the privilege to meet some government officials and top business owners so that I could have an idea of what's going on in the business world down here. I visited my former high school, my former place of work, and Le Maquis, my favourite restaurant. What a blast! Their chicken is still the best after so many years (or was I just hungry?)

Just two days ago, I decided to stay home all day, no computer, no work, no TV. It was awesome! All I did was read my book, listen to some audios and rest. I cannot remember a day where that was all I did.

My friend Jeff came over from Rwanda last week-end and spent three days with us. I grew up with Jeff in Ngagara, one of the nicest places here in the capital city. We decided to go back there and visit. It was an awesome experience. I could remember all the houses, friends who use to live there, some of them are still there. It was like returning to my roots. All the people I met brought back great memories from my childhood.

As I was reading my book, suddenly an idea came to me. I called up my wife who was watching her favourite movie (I think she should be an actress. She watches so many movies). She thought it was something serious I wanted to ask her. I then asked: “Can you tell me ten things for which you are thankful? (I thought I would be the top one lol)”. She looked at me and said: “these books that you're reading are driving you crazy. Why are you asking me this?” But she saw that it was a serious question. And my charms were enough to make her respond to the question (at least that is what I tell myself).

We started counting our blessings. At first, I didn't know I could find ten things for which I was thankful. But as we kept counting, we couldn't stop. It's funny how we never stop and think about these things; and there are plenty of them. Once we start to focus on the good things, we begin to realize how we are just blessed to be alive and surrounded by our loved ones. I heard someone say that energy flows where attention goes. Why not focus all our attention and energy on the good things that are happening in our lives all the time? That would be a cool thing, don't you think? You know what? When we do so, our so called problems seem to disappear all of a sudden. Let's just make it a habit to count our blessings on a daily basis, and our lives will never be the same. That is the Journeyman prediction's.

Moral of the story? Do you want to have a problem free life? Just count your blessings and you will read cool books.


Always a pleasure
Patrick
The Journeyman
patrick@goalachieverscanada.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar