Skip to main content

My Journey to My Friend's Wedding

I must confess. It is really hard to write this blog while watching “The Big Bang Theory” at the same time. This show is hilarious. Add to that my texting back and forth with my friend Tamsir who is learning my native language and wants to impress me with the few words that he now knows...

Talk about a missed opportunity. For weeks I have been waiting for this special day for my friends Nicolas Peks and “Summertime” (that's how I call Nicolas now wife). I don't want to mention her other nickname that I gave to her...

Where was I? Oh yes. Missed opportunity.

I went to their wedding this Saturday, got there 45 minutes before the ceremony (I told you there was NO way I could miss this one). It was just a civil wedding (a small ceremony). The big wedding ceremony is going to happen next year.

Anyways, after the ceremony, I headed to the Italian restaurant where the reception was going to take place. As it was mentioned in the invitation, the restaurant was not going to take debit or credit card. I had to go out to the bank machine to get some cash (there was no way I was going to miss the nice food I saw on the menu).

Here I am, out in one of the coldest nights of the week, going to the bank machine, just to find out that I did not bring my wallet! (what a shame!). Good thing that it was not away from home, I could run, get it and come back to eat the good food on the menu. So I did. As my phone battery was down, I thought I could take a few minutes to charge it(while watching some sport news on TV) before I head back to the restaurant. Guess what! I fell asleep on the couch while watching TV and when I woke up, well....it was too late to go anywhere. Can you believe that? I missed the wedding reception of my friends!!!!! (I am not even mentioning the nice Italian food....). By the way, I can't stop laughing at Sheldon Cooper's punch lines. What a nerd!

Can I really focus? Now it is the CNN Heroes Show with Anderson Cooper. I will get back to you when the show is over. I have to watch it as I will soon be one of the future recipients of that award (why are you laughing?)

Here I am back. Did you miss me? Don't lie. I know you did.

I was talking about my friend Nicolas. I know Saturday was one of his best days ever, but the world has not seen him yet. He is one of the upcoming Superstars. I am telling you, this dude can sing and entertain. When he is in front of a microphone, or behind his DJ desk, this guy can do wonders. He can sing “Let's get it on” better than Marvin Gaye, he can do an entire show with no instrument at all. If you have not listened to his latest Mix Tape “Akantu Kumutse”, I won't say shame on you, but you are missing a Masterpiece.

I have known Nicolas for years now. I can tell you that as talented as he is, with so much potential at hand, there is no way he could have done what he has done without his wife. I had never seen this guy with so much focus. That is what a wife can do in one's life (Diego, I am not pressuring you to get married lol).

Last year I had the privilege of coaching a little bit Nicolas to get his album done. At our first attempt, for some reasons, we did not succeed to make it happen. But when “Summertime” moved to Toronto, Nicolas came back to me with determination to succeed. The three of us had a half an hour conversation over a cup of coffee, I did my magic, we came up with an action plan, and less than a month later, his album was done ( a round of applause for me please...lol). Seriously though. I will never forget what “Summertime” told Nicolas at that Starbucks. “Honey, I want you to make it. I will never be a distraction for you. Go out and do it. If you need anything, I will be there to help you” she said. What a partner!

Congratulations my man! You got what you deserve. Now she is all yours. Enjoy my friend. One quick favour Nicolas. Can you and “Summertime” organize another wedding reception? This time I won't miss it, I swear.

By the way, here is Nicolas Facebook page click here

Talking about my coaching, I just got an awesome plug from my friend Motivatorman. Click here to read his blog about me

Moral of the story? Do you want to make it in life? Just hire me as your coach and you will get married with an awesome partner


Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman
patrick@goalachieverscanada.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar