Skip to main content

My Journey to a Planned Week

Don't be fooled by the title of this blog. Just the other day, as I was starting a meeting with Paul, he asked me how was my day. I told him that everything was going according to the plan, but not my plan. He laughed so much but it was the truth.

It's been one of my hectic months in years. It's crazy man. Just to give you an idea, my wife came on Christmas day, and at that time I was still living with my friend. On Christmas eve, I learned that I won't get the apartment that I wanted (24 hours before my wife's arrival!!!). Guess what? I took a hotel for a few days (for many reasons as you can guess lol).

After four days in the hotel, we moved to my brother's place for a few days, just to give me a little bit of time to find a place. Did I tell you that I booked 2 apartments in a week, just to learn that they were taken while I was going to sign the lease? Crazy hey! Anyways, after a week at my brother's place (by the way, him and his wife have been so amazing to us), I finally found a place (few minutes away from the one that I missed on Christmas eve). Great place.

Then it was time to move, buy new furnitures, do something about the empty fridge and all that fun stuff. You may be asking yourselves why I did all those things at the last minute. That's a fair question. The thing is that I did not expect my wife to get the Canadian visa that quickly (I guess I have to believe more in my prayers...). We bought her ticket 2 days before her flight (that is an other story by itself). I was not ready at all for all these sudden events, and I didn't want to be one more day (if not one more hour) in a long distance relationship (I think now I have a PHD in long distance relationships lol)

Back to my story. I went to buy new furnitures and they told me that they would deliver everything in the next two days. They actually did, just to find out that the sofas could not get through the main door! Are you kidding me? Don't think that I live in a cave, but I was starting to get frustrated. I had to call the furniture store, and $400 extra later, they agreed to send me new sofas. I will get them this week, but the coffee table will only get here next week (another delay).

The list can go on and on. It was delay after delay, to the point that my wife was wondering what we did to deserve all this. Did I tell you that, in the process my phone got disconnected? I did not even have a minute to go downtown to pay the phone bill. Yes it has to be downtown as we moved in a new area where the phone company does not have any store yet.

Finally, I went downtown to pay my phone bill to find out that there was $10 less on my bill. I could take that. And I mentioned to them that my wife is new to the country and is looking for a phone. Guess what? They gave me a free phone for her, one month free, and as I brought them a new client, they gave me a free month as well. Not only that. As I went to my new mailbox, I found that I am eligible for a deal with Rogers that gave me free Internet, home phone and cable for the next 3 months. I can take that too.

All of a sudden, I forgot all the delays we went through the last few weeks because of those deals

Do you know what I learned in the process? I learned that have great friends (and one of them did not want me to mention his name in my blog, but I know that he is reading it now). They showed up and gave us a good and needed hand.

As I was reading Napoleon Hill's book “Think and Grow Rich” yesterday (for the thousand time), I read that one of the causes of failure in life is the poor choice in finding a marriage partner. I got covered on that one. My wife has been of an outstanding patience through the whole process it's unbelievable. I cannot take credit for that one. Gladys my sister in law is the one who deserves a standing ovation (please stop reading this blog and applaud her for a minute)

I also learned that delays are good. They are there to teach us patience, but also, there are things that are happening behind the scene that we are not aware of, if we can wait long enough we could benefit from them (how about the phone deals for my wife?!). If I had paid my phone bill a day before, I would not have gotten the deal, as it started the day I went downtown to pay.

So, if you are experiencing delays in whatever you are doing, just take a breath and wait a little bit. Something good is going to get out of them. Be a little bit patient

Moral of the story? Do you want to get great deals on your phone bill? Just marry a great partner and you will move to a new place.

Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman
patrick@goalachieverscanada.com
www.goalachieverscanada.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far