Skip to main content

My Journey to a Meeting with Brian Tracy

Last Tuesday I finally met Brian Tracy. We have been preparing this event for a while that I was glad he was finally here. This guy has been teaching success principles for decades and I couldn't wait to meet him in person. With a room full of people, I was wondering how I was going to find him and ask for a picture (so that I could show off..). I had my camera ready, and I followed him wherever he was going, and I finally got a chance to talk to him. He agreed to take a picture with me. He did not know he was with an upcoming superstar (if I don't say it, who will? Lol)

For fans of the great game of Basketball, I hope you are enjoying the moment. The Playoffs are on baby! For non Basketball fans, you have no idea what you're missing. The Playoffs are for the Big Boys only. It's an endless fight that will lead to the ultimate goal of the NBA championship. The series are tight (except Miami crushing New York in their first game), and injuries are “monnaie courante” as we say in French. D Rose will be missed

While I have missed some games (yes, I have to share TV time with a not so quite big fan of the game...lol), I was glad I watched yesterday game between Memphis and the Clippers. What a game!!
Check this out: at the end of the third quarter, the Clippers were behind 27 points!! At the beginning of the last quarter, they were still behind 21 points and their coach decided to enter bench players ( for me the bench is a was familiar territory lol), thinking that the game was over, maybe saving his superstars for the next game.

Chris Paul (The Clippers Superstar point guard) did not see it that way. He still believed, against all odds, that they could still win the game. He pleaded with his coach to let him get back in the game. Thank God the coach agreed to. The fight was on. These guys were playing the game of their lives. Not only they rallied to come back, they won the game in a historic fashion. It took a lot from me not to scream as my wife was sleeping (you can tell she is not a huge fan...). Man, it was fun to watch.

As I mentioned many times before, Basketball is a school of life. It is one of those sports that remind us that the game is not over until it is over. When all things seem to tell that we're done, there is still a chance. It took one man to believe that they could still win, he convinced his coach and the rest was history. I love that!

If you feel like all hell is turning loose on you, if you feel that there is no more hope, Basketball is there to let you know that, until it's over, it's not over yet. Keep believing, keep the faith, there may be a historic come back, like the Clippers demonstrated yesterday .I hope this will convince non Basketball fans to give this game a chance, but above all, will convince my wife to let me watch more games. Her husband needs to be inspired all the time to provide for the family (that's my sales pitch lol).

Moral of the story? Do you want to be inspired? Just watch NBA Basketball and you won't fall asleep when others do.


Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman
patrick@goalachieverscanada.com
www.goalachieverscanada.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar