Skip to main content

My Journey with Simon, Part 2

I thought I would write this blog on Sunday, but after what I thought would be a quick trip to Hamilton Ontario, I got home almost at 11 pm. I couldn't write at that time as I was exhausted, my only hope was that the inspiration would be still there when I wake up. Then I thought I would write it on Monday morning, but my work could not allow it. The good news is that I am here writing now. Aren't you glad? It's about time you left your computer now. You have been waiting for a long time.

Last week I wrote about how I was becoming a huge fan of Simon Cowell of the X Factor TV show (among other shows). To tell you the truth I was hoping to get an e-mail or phone call from him to thank me, but I am still waiting (patience is a virtue I have learned). I guess he is busy producing artists (he doesn't know what he is missing for not calling me lol)

Once again, I watched a few clips of the show this week (don't worry, I have other things to do as well). Do you know what made me think the most? The reaction of the contestants. Those who made it were crying, and those who had to go home were crying as well. I guess they were not crying for the same reasons, but they were all crying nevertheless.

Which led me to this crazy thought. When you think about it, all the contestants were there for one thing and one thing only: to win, or at least go through the first stage. May I suggest to you that it is not the case? Aren't they there to win? You may ask. I am here to say that they are not.

Follow me here

Let's say you are one of the contestants. Your dream has been for a long time to become a recording artist. You have been working hard to get a recording deal but you seem not to get ahead. Then you hear that Simon and the X Factor are coming in your city and you can go there to audition. Your only hope is to get there, let them hear your music, and perhaps you will convince them that you are the one.

You pack your stuff, you make sure you have been practicing your stuff, and before you know it you are in front of Simon and the crew. You know that this is an opportunity of a lifetime. If you miss this one, maybe your dream will die. You are nervous, but you know that you are good enough to win, only you did not get a chance like this before.

Two minutes go by, you showcased your talent and...yes, you got it. You are going to the next round. You are now crying and these are tears of joy. Let me ask you something. Why are you crying? Isn't that you have a feeling that your dreams are now coming true? I guess so. And when your dreams come true, you will finally be...happy? So, happiness is then the ultimate goal, not the stuff. Am I right?

So, if happiness is the goal, why wait when we achieve things for us be happy while we can be happy regardless. Happiness is a choice and it is an inside job. We should be happy regardless of what is happening around us. Do you know the funny part? Once we decide to be happy, things around us will arrange themselves to keep us in that mood. But this time, we won't be attached to things as our source of happiness. If we win, it's good, and if we don't, it's still good. It's all about experiencing the journey, nothing more (then, we are all journeymen and women...).

I have to admit that I have been in that trap for a long time, thinking that when I reach my goal I will finally happy, but every time I reach the top, there is another thing that I want. Here we go again, I am back to the hunting mode. There is nothing wrong with wanting more out of life, but we should not be attached too much to the stuff that we forget to enjoy the moment. That's my opinion.

Moral of the story? Do you want to meet Simon and audition? Just read my blog and ask him to call me.


Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman
patrick@goalachieverscanada.com
www.goalachieverscanada.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar