Skip to main content

My Journey to a Haircut.

Hello there.
It's been a while since I posted my blog on Monday. It feels really good. I have to admit that the inspiration is not there all the time. Sometimes I have to wait until I have an
idea of what I am going to write about.

This week, the idea came to me just yesterday when I was having my haircut.

You see, it has been almost seven years that I cut my hair myself. Every two weeks, all I have to do is getting my machine, and ten minutes later I am better looking (at least that is what the survey says lol).

So, here I was yesterday evening, in front of my mirror, ready to do a job that I have been doing for almost a decade now. Can you guess what happened? Two minutes into mjob, the machine died. Are you kidding me!! There was nothing I could do. My hair looked exactly like that bush we always see on TV while watching people on Safari in Kenya. The only thing missing was those wild animals lol.

I went in the living room to show my wife my new haircut and she exploded with laughter. I think that I have just invented a new hair fashion. Good thing that the paparazzi were not around, you would have waken up with my picture on the front page of your favourite newspaper.

Do you know the funny thing? All the barbershops were closed today. Yes it was a day off here in Ontario. I just spent the last twenty four hours with my new haircut. I am lucky we did nopt have any visitor today. That would have been so funny. The only thing I missed was my morning visit to the gym. I did not want to scare people with my new hair fashion. I can't wait to see the face of the guy who is going to cut my hair tomorrow. He will certainly have some questions to ask me

Life is full of surprises. Stuff happen. We can plan all we want, but sometimes we can be caught by surprise. We have to know how to deal with those things. I guess the solution could be to learn to laugh at ourselves when the unexpected happens.

Moral of the story? Do you want to know how to deal with life's surprises? Just get a new haircut and you will stay home for twenty four hours.

Always a pleasure,
Patrick
The Journeyman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar