Skip to main content

My Journey To Ten Months of Parenthood

I know that you missed me last week. Don't worry, I am back now.

It has been a very busy week. I have learned that once I became a parent, I don't own my schedule any more. I got to be flexible, otherwise it would be hard for me to keep up with everything..

Last Tuesday was the ten month birthday of our daughter. We did not celebrate the occasion (my wife suggested we wait two more months). Skylar has grown a lot. But, being with her almost twenty four hours, I cannot see her growth until I see some of the pictures we took several months ago. Isn't funny how we do not see our own progression, until we take a look at our past? I learned that from a baby.

It has bee ten months of total blessings (even though the word “rest” is now out of my dictionary).

A few weeks ago, Skylar was sleeping next to me, and I couldn't help but notice how peaceful she was. A few minutes passed, and she woke up. She did not see that I was there, just next to her. Do you know the first thing I saw when she woke up? Her smile. She smiles all the time, and for no reason at all. I guess she was happy to wake up. Then she saw me. Her smile became bigger. I was like “I wish I could wake up everyday like this...”Smiling for no reason at all. I learned that from a baby.

It has been a few weeks now that our baby is in a daycare. The first days were so hard for me to let go. I would leave her at the daycare and, right away I wanted to go back and take her back. I was missing her already. I took a while for me to get used to her absence. I couldn't wait for five o'clock so that I could go and see her again. Even though it was hard to let go, I knew it was necessary as she is learning so much being around other kids and with child care professionals. Sometimes it has necessary to let go of what we have so that we can receive more. I learned that from a baby.

The list can go on. I learned so much in the last ten months. Am I ready for a second one? (let me stop here. My wife is looking at me with a look that says “shut up!”).

Moral of the story? Do you want to learn lessons from a baby? Just smile with no reason and you will have a busy schedule


Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar