Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 27, 2013

My Journey with Kids


I had quite an interesting week.

It has been a few months that I work with a Speakers Bureau and, they call me up when they have speaking gigs for me. Last Friday, I was booked to speak at a school in Toronto. I had a contact person there who discussed with me about the theme and topic of my presentation. I was ready

There is a first in everything. Guess who was in my audience? Kids from grade one to grade six. I must admit. I have spoken numerous times in from of hundreds of people, but grade one students? Never.
How about 400 of them? The room was packed!

Most of my talk was about Basketball. I had really fun. As I was mentioning names of great basketball players, I talked about Michael Jordan and the kids were like “Michael who?”.One of the kids just shouted: “I think he is retired”. How about Lebron James? Now we are talking... I am really old.

I loved speaking with kids, and was so much amazed by the incredible work of the teachers and the staff. I was so inspired.

On the next day, I was invited by my friend Jim to speak to his guests about my experience with bloging. Can you talk about comfort zone? Now I was in my element.


I said that I had quite an interesting week. That is true.

A good friend of mine called me up a few days ago, but we couldn't talk much as I was putting Skylar to sleep. The next day, we spoke a bit and we agreed to meet. Do you know what was the meeting about? He just wanted to know how I was doing and if I needed any help in whatever I was doing! To tell you the truth, it is so rare that somebody asks me such a question. I was so moved by his gesture. He is just a great friend.

We spent almost two hours. As we were about to say goodbye, I just went. I talked so much about me, what about you? He told me a little bit about his plans, and as it turned out, I had a great contact for him. Somebody who could be of great help. Isn't that funny? He wanted to help me, and he got the help he needed as well (is it sowing and reaping or what?)

Do you have friends who may be in need? Giving them a hand would mean helping yourself as well. That was my experience.

Moral of the story? Do you want to speak to kids? Make sure you talk about Lebron and you will gt help from a friend.




Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman


No comments:

Post a Comment