Skip to main content

My Journey to A New Perspective

Maybe many of you have already given up. You thought the Journeyman would never return. I heard some of you even went on a hunger strike because you missed my blog. Some others called me, begging me to come back (I wish).

Well, the most important thing is that I am back.  I took some time off, in order to put my life in order, after quite an intense past two years. I am happy to report that I learned so many things in the process. One of the things I learned was on the topic of perspective. Trust me when I tell you that no matter what we may have faced, there is someone else who has gone through worse.

If you don’t believe me then check out this story from James Arthur Ray. Many of you know him from the hit movie “The Secret”. Here is what he wrote a few months ago:

"So, as I mentioned on Piers Morgan, I lost everything tangible, and ended up millions of dollars in debt. I never thought I would be in this position. In the blink of an eye I lost my life savings, my business that took 20 years to build, my home, and my reputation. All gone in one fatal swoop.

Four banks dropped me like a bad habit—they wouldn’t even allow me to have a checking account with them post the accident. My book publishers wouldn’t return my calls. Those who swore that they loved me and that I had “changed their life” suddenly hated and attacked. So called “friends” of twenty years, who had said things like, “I love you like a brother,” would do nothing to help me when I asked for their help. Some of them said, “If you need to talk give me a call” or “I’ll pray for you.”
Have you ever had people tell you these things and it feels like a convenient cop out? Only to realize that when you ask them to actually do something besides “pray or talk” that there’s always some good reason why it can’t be done? Prayer and talk are vastly different from action and walk.

I was speaking with a friend yesterday and he said, “We always hope that our friends will be there for us… they won’t.” But true friends will. Granted true friends are few and far between.
There were many in the “personal transformation industry” who espoused friendship and support only to immediately remove me from their club like a plague . Out of the hundreds of people I had known and done business with in the industry… not one stood in the storm with me except two: Rhonda Byrne and Bob Proctor. These two are champions in my eyes. Endless gratitude, love, and appreciation to you both.

Outside of the “personal transformation crowd” there were a few who didn’t necessarily espouse to high ideals… but they live them: Dr. Tony Alessandra, Tony Parienello, Jason Tebeau, Dr. Art Mowery, David McCall, Jennifer Kwasny, Aviva Eagle, Wayne and Donnita Parker, Amy Groethe, Caren Wendt, Dr. Matt Bynum, Mike Sheilds, John Watkin, John Ferriter and a few others are true friends for whom I’m forever grateful. I trust each of you know how much you mean to me.
However, I’m very grateful to all of them, on both sides of the polarity. For those who stood with me… and for those who taught me much about human nature (including my own).

When life goes sideways, if you’ll allow it, you learn to have compassion. You learn to understand. Please realize that we can never speak from another person’s shoes, and we never really know what another is dealing with. 
We all do the best we can with the resources we have available. This realization has helped to ease the pain and disappointment for me.
Which one of us can throw stones? Certainly not me.

Finally, and most importantly, you learn to be there for yourself; and when it feels like even God has forsaken you (believe me I anguished and angered over this one many, many days), you come to realize that God never leaves you; and in fact, what you are experiencing is all part of a grander plan… much grander than you or I can ever imagine.
And this is the greatest gift of all.
Keep the faith my friend,

James
 
 
To tell the truth, after I finished reading this article, I was like: what’s my excuse? That being said, I could relate to many things he said and trust me when I tell you that they are so true.

I don’t wish for anyone to experience tough times, however, what we learn from them are simply priceless.

Moral of the story? Do you want me to keep writing my blog? Just stop your hunger strike and I will tell you more about what I learned.
 
Always a pleasure
 
Patrick
The Journeyman

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar