Skip to main content

My Journey to a Weekend Retreat


Have you ever been in a situation when you feel you want to get away from everything?  A place that is far away from the everyday routine, away from the noise, a place where you can calm down and....listen?


This has been my case for some time, but the opportunity never presented itself until this last weekend.



It was a long weekend here in Ontario last week, so it was perfect timing.



Why did I want to get away? You may ask. Simply because I wanted to get some direction. Without getting into the details, I will tell you that I was so angry last week. It doesn't happen a lot, but when it happens, I can get REALLY upset.‎



I was in a situation in which I felt I was unfairly treated and I was not even given a chance to explain myself (in my opinion). I couldn't understand; It was really unfair and there was nothing I could do.



As I was riding on the train going home with my daughter, with my mind wandering all over the place, this guy came near the door where I was standing; he was about to step out of the train.



As he past close to me, I could see that he had a tattoo on his arm.    The message on his tattoo said "When one door closes, God always opens another door". I was like "you got to be kidding me". The message came at the right time for me. I looked at the tattoo guy and I just wanted to tell him "dude, you just made my day", but the train door opened and the guy was out of my life lol.


What are the odds?

Over time I have become accustomed to those kinds of messages. A number of years ago (ten years to be exact), I was going through very tough times. I remember that day vividly. It was the first day of the month and I was wondering how I was going to pay my rent. Nothing seemed to come handy. I remember sitting on the bus, feeling sorry for myself. The bus came to a stop. I looked outside through the window and all of sudden I saw this message on a big billboard: "Talk to your landlord". I was like "this is nuts!!".

Right then, I picked up the phone and called my landlord. I asked her to give me some time before I could pay my rent. She said yes right away. I was like "Thank you Jesus!".

I believe we are being guided. If we pay enough attention, there are signs everywhere to direct us in the right direction. It could be a book we bump into, a friend calling, or even a "misfortune" that comes into our lives to close one door. As Bob Marley said «there is a natural mystic blowing through the air. If you listen carefully now, you will hear".

Moral of the story? Do you want to be guided by signs? Just take the train, and you will meet a guy with a tattoo.

Always a pleasure
Patrick
The Journeyman.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the reminder of magical and divine messages Patrick! I am looking out for special tattoos today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar