Skip to main content

My Journey to a Round Trip

I am back after a few weeks off.  I know you were eager to know what has been happening lately in my exciting and much traveled life.
If I said that not much has been happening, I would be lying. Some of them were pleasant surprises while others were not (to say the least).

One of the things that tends to happen a lot in summer are events. There are many weddings, festivals, and a number of other types of events (Toronto is right into the Pan Am games now).  In the last few weeks, I have attended sports tournaments, a graduation ceremony, an engagement party, and a wedding (to name a few). There are many more to come in the next month or two. It’s crazy.

Last week I had to host a wedding in Montreal, and due to some logistical challenges, it had to be a round trip (please don’t try this at home). I had to leave Toronto at 8 in the morning on Saturday, arrive in Montreal in the afternoon, host the wedding until midnight, and get back right away to Toronto. The plan was to be here by 7 in the morning on Sunday. Is that crazy or what?

By the time the wedding was about to finish, I could tell by the look in our designated driver’s eyes that there was no way he could drive back to Toronto at that time. He was so exhausted. There had to be a change of plan. We decided to look for a place to crash for a few hours before we headed back to Toronto.

At five in the morning, we were on the highway. The goal was to be in Toronto before the church service at 11 O’clock. We had to be there, otherwise there would be no service, as we were (the four of us in the car) in charge of the service that day. We had to think and make decisions very quickly during that trip; needless to say that it was a heck of a weekend.

The service went great. By the time I arrived home I looked like a zombie (literally). I think I slept ten straight hours. All the time I thought to myself “job well done!”

I had promised to host my friend’s wedding and I had also promised to give a hand at our church service on Sunday. Those promises became commitments, and that is the reason why I was able to make the sacrifices needed to make them happen (it wasn’t easy at all).

I wish I could do this in every area of my life every day. I have to admit that it hasn’t been the case, but I am doing my best to make the necessary adjustments to do so. I do believe that when we are really committed to something, and we mean business, we will make the sacrifices necessary to make it happen no matter how long it takes. In fact, we will do it gladly (easier said than done).

Moral of the story
Do you have a commitment to honor lately? Just invite me and I will do a round trip.

Always a pleasure

Patrick 
The Journeyman

Click HERE for our upcoming workshop

Comments

  1. I have read news on technical sites that GiveBIG is now dominating the spring fundraising season for most nonprofits in every sector in Seattle and King County. The nonprofit community and fundraising thought leaders are trying to make sense of the GiveLocalAmerica kerfuffle. Greatjogos online 2019
    play Games friv
    school friv
    !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar