Skip to main content

My Journey to a Jump

Before anything, I would like to thank you all for your wishes. I was overwhelmed by your support for my wedding. It is starting to sink in that I am actually married! It has been a fun ride.

It took me a while to get back to normal after a month of December full of emotions. Do you know what I was thinking about all the time? I was thinking about…swimming. How so?

I will respond to it by asking you a question: "How do we learn to swim?" For me, there are two options: you can take swimming lessons, or you can just jump into the pool without knowing how to swim. Either you die, or you learn how to swim as quickly as possible (it becomes a survival situation …).

Although scary, I am a fan of the second method. I like to jump without knowing how I will survive. With my back against the wall, I have to produce to survive. Do I succeed all the time? Not at all. Do I learn something in the process? All the time.

The scene is scarier for the one who is watching than for the one who is jumping. Do you know why? The person who is watching has no idea about what’s going on in the jumper’s mind. For me, it is easy to jump because I have been jumping for years. Now I am used to it. Am I afraid when I jump? Of course I am. But fear does not stop me from jumping even though sometimes I fall flat on my face (I think I would be better looking if I was not jumping all the time lol).

Okay, enough about theories. Let me share with you what I want to share.

We are in 2004 and I have been without a job for six months. I have no money at all. I mean nothing. I am working on a big project, looking for sponsors, but no one wants to hear my story. I am hopeless.

On this Monday, I wake up in the morning to go downtown, but I don’t even have a bus ticket. Either I stay home, or I find a way to go. I decide to go. I take my shower (yes, empty pockets but looking good), I put on my finest (and only) suit, and here I am, outside going…downtown (which was a one hour bus drive from home).

I am walking down the street; I pass the first bus stop and the first bus passes by. I am still walking; I pass the second bus stop, the third, and the fourth. By the fifth bus stop, I see a gentleman who looks familiar. Yes I know the guy. I approach him to say hello, and he has his hands in his pockets. As he takes his hands out of his pocket to greet me, he looks surprised. He just found out that he has two bus tickets in his pocket. He just exclaims: I just realized that I had two bus tickets in my pocket. Do you want one?

You might think that I am making this story up, but it actually happened! I jumped and went outside without knowing how I would get downtown. I have been jumping ever since, and that is how miracles have happened to me. But it started with a bus ticket (which was, at that time only two dollars and twenty five cents).

As I am writing this blog, I am in the water already. I have already jumped only this time it is not for a bus ticket. It is for something bigger. I will let you know about it when I am on the other side of the shore (hopefully very soon, otherwise I will drown lol)

Moral of the story? Do you want to learn how to swim? Go downtown with no bus ticket and you will meet a friend of yours. Maybe me.

Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman
Pbizindavyi6@gmail.com
Twitter :@journeymanstory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar