Skip to main content

My Journey to a Radio Interview

Just finished an Interview on Goal Achievers International Radio Show. I am used to be on the other side of the microphone, now I was the one answering to the questions. I guess that's what happens once one becomes a Superstar lol.

What an exciting week! After my meeting with Yvonne Chaka Chaka, it was a pure joy to go to two amazing events. One with our beloved East African Superstar Kidum who had his concert here in Toronto (I got a chance to meet him one on one for hours too), and a very amazing Broadway show with FELA last Tuesday (I am part of a team that is promoting this show). I was sharing this with my wife who told me that I had become a “Mayibobo” (street kid) as I am always out.

It has been nearly three weeks since I came back from Burundi. Even though it's great to be back here, I was feeling empty in the inside for quite some time (missing my wife maybe). I had lost my drive and sometimes it was a little bit scary given the sense of urgency of the moment (that's another topic for another time...). Something was missing and I did not know what.

Fortunately, being with friends such as Jim kept me going. It's great to have friends like Jim. He is so generous (he gave me two DVD's that got me excited) and he is out there meeting people. He asked me to go with him a couple of times and I did it with pleasure. I met great people, still, something was missing. I did what I love to do, like the two business owners that I am now coaching, but I did not feel the drive I had in Burundi when I was working on Lake Tanganyika project.

That was until I met my business partner Paul on Saturday. Man I needed that meeting. We were putting strategies in place for our company and we were so excited about that. All of sudden, I became alive. I got so excited that now I cannot even sleep. Do you know what was missing the last few weeks (not including my wife)? I had no goal to shoot for. I had no objective, I was living my life as it came. And my life was lacking energy .I was sleeping for 10 hours, including naps in the afternoon (can you believe that?)

Of course I did what I needed to do for the contracts that I have, but other than that, I was just watching TV. And that is not was I am used to.
Not anymore. I am now excited about my next goal (of course I won't tell you what it is, but stay tune for the next blog posts). Boy I am excited.

As I learned from Napoleon Hill's book “Think and Grow Rich”, I have burned all bridges behind.. Have you heard the story about burning bridges behind you? Not yet? Come on, please don't tell me that you have never heard that story.
OK, knowing that you will all pay me, I am going to tell you the story of the burned bridges. Of course I am going to paraphrase.

There was a general who brought his army to fight against another country whose army was the double of his soldiers. When his ships got to the shore, he asked his soldiers to burn them. They burned their own ships!!! Can you believe that? Now there was no turning back. Either they win or they die. Guess what? They won.

I have used this principle over and over again. Before I do anything about my goals, I always burn the bridges behind me. There is no Plan B involved. And I can tell you that it's scary. It takes a lot of faith, but it is the only way to get that burning desire that Napoleon Hill talks about in his book. The goal has to be an ABSOLUTE MUST, otherwise we will give up. I don't even know how I am going to accomplish it but I really don't care. All I know is why I want to have it, the rest is in God's hands (that is how I do business with Him and he is a very reliable business partner lol).

I did it two years ago when I wanted to move downtown (I longtime dream of mine). I gave the two month notice to my landlord without knowing where I would be going, without even having enough money to pay the (expensive) downtown rent. There was no turning back. Did I succeed? I had no other choice. I figured it out.
That's my challenge to you today. Find something you want to shoot for, burn your bridges behind you and go for it with all your heart. You will make it if you don't give up.

Moral of the story? Do you want to accomplish your goal? Burn all your bridges and you will sleep for 10 hours

Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman
patrick@goalachieverscanada.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar