Skip to main content

My Journey To Sudbury

The month of August is so full of celebrations that I would need a special software to manage them all lol.

Let's see. August 6 was our one year wedding anniversary, August 7 was my wife's birthday, August 8 was both my 10 year anniversary in Canada and 4 years as a Canadian citizen, and this coming August 15 is my birthday (and of course I won't tell you my age, but I am expecting your gifts).

How do you celebrate all of that? How about a trip? That wouldn't be bad at all.

Four times in July I was asked to conduct a series of workshops for French speaking professionals. It was so much fun. When they told me that I would do the same thing in Sudbury, I immediately said yes. So, this last week, it was both work and pleasure as I took my family with me to Sudbury Ontario. It was fun.

Up to the last minute we did not know if we would drive, take the train or fly to Sudbury. We were at Toronto Airport when we were told we would drive after all. Thank God we did. We had so much fun on our way, with Justine (my co-facilitator) driving and making us laugh all the way to Sudbury. Our daughter was so calm all along. The only time she woke up was when she was hungry. Great timing as the cops asked us to stop for a check up. Nothing to worry about. Few hours later we were in Sudbury.

The hotel bed was so comfortable that I do not remember the last time I slept this well. I wanted to move to Sudbury right then.

I left the hotel early in the morning as our workshop was scheduled to begin at 9.30 AM. My wife and kid stayed at the hotel for some extra sleep. They would join us later as it was my time to speak after Justine did her thing. Did I mention that our presentation was happening at an African food restaurant? I couldn't wait to finish my presentation as I was smelling some nice stuff in the kitchen.

As I wrapped up my speech, I went to check my wife in the audience to see how she and the baby were doing. I was hoping for a standing ovation from her (as it was her first time hearing me speak), and she just went: “You spoke so loud that you woke up the baby...”

I guess the standing ovation will come next year...

I won't mention the African food. You don't have twenty four hours to read. It was simply magnificent. My wife says that any food is good for me (which is the truth...), but this food was out of this world. We even brought some for the road. You know that in terms of food I am always open to opportunities. And for me it is always about quantity first lol.

Right after lunch, we hit the road back to Toronto. Three hours later we were home, and the baby started crying. She did not cry for two days, now that we were home, she started doing her thing. Go figure.

It was after an hour of rest that my wife said to me. You do really help people. You should get paid a lot of money to do what you do.

That simple sentence was worth millions of dollars for me. It was the validation from my loved one that I am doing what I am supposed to do with my life: helping people. I can tell you that it is not always easy, but those kinds of words are what I need to keep on going. Words of encouragement are worth the world for me. Yes, I would like to earn more doing what I love to do, but getting my family on board is worth everything. I guess it was good karma, as I was checking my e-mail when we got back, somebody had asked me to do another presentation in October (to which I said yes). September is already booked.

My question to you is this one? What does really drive you? What are the things that keep you going when it's tough? Once you identify those, keep them in front of you. They are your fuel. Once we know why we do what we do, the how doesn't really matter. It will come at the right time.

My family plays a big role in my life, and I am glad they support me.

Moral of the story? Do you want to celebrate with me? Don't ask my age, but please do send me your gifts on August 15.



Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman

Comments

  1. It’s actually a great and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing! Best official translation services service provider.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar