Skip to main content

My Journey to A Great Lesson

It has been quite an eventful week. Actually it started last week when a friend of mine invited us to visit him and his family. That was the first time we actually went out, the three of us, other than to the doctors' appointment. It was a blast. Of course there was great food involved.

 I have started working with a coach. Her name is Charlie. It has been a few weeks now that I am working with her, and I have started seeing the results. The first result is actually is something intangible, but yet essential. She helped me define exactly what I want and in details. It was challenging at times, because there are things that I hadn't thought about yet, but I am glad I did.

 Two days ago, I received a call from a longtime friend of mine. Actually, he is one of my best friends. He lives in England. We do not talk as often as we used to (he is a father of 3 kids, and I have one...), but when we get a chance to talk, we can talk for hours just to catch up. As I was sharing with him what I am discovering about being a new dad, he reminded me about stuff that he told me long time ago about having a family. It did not make a lot of sense at first, but now that I can totally relate to it, it does really make sense back then. But it does now. I guess timing is everything. He taught me a lot of stuff, and I am so thankful. He has 3 kids, and has a great family. I think I can learn a thing or two about being a parent.

 The lesson I learned is that if I want to learn something valuable, I'd better learn it from someone who has done it and succeeded. I can learn from my own experience but it would take a long time, I would rather learn from somebody else experience. My challenge to you is to find a mentor, someone who is where you want to go, someone who has been tested, someone who can show results. I am on a quest of mentors, hopefully I will be able to find great ones.

 Moral of the story? Do you want to find a great coach? Just invite me to dinner and I will give you mine.

Always a pleasure
 Patrick The Journeyman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar