Skip to main content

My Journey to A New Season

It's been over ten years now that I am in Canada, but I am always amazed by the season changes. A few weeks ago, I was doing some work cleaning the front of the house (leafs were everywhere). I was proud of my job until, a few minutes later I came back to the place I was cleaning to find out that there were more leaves on the ground than before. What a waste of time!

Everywhere I go, trees are changing colours. It is a beautiful scene, but I know that in a few weeks there will be no leaves at all. Trees will have to wait for months before they can have their leaves back. That is how it is.

I think that, as human beings, we are like trees. We go through seasons. During some seasons, we also lose our leaves. These are pruning seasons. In my opinion, the difference between trees and us is that trees don't complain about season changes the way we do. They wait patiently until next season. During winter, when we look at the trees, they seem to be lifeless. Are they really? There are stuff happening underground that we don't see. There is life in them.

It is the same thing with us. There are moments when nothing seems to be working, but behind the scenes, it is working even though we don't see it. It can be frustrating at times, but when we understand that it is only for a season, we can wait patiently for things to change. They always do.

Unlike a very successful 2011, the year 2012 has been a year in which, most of the times, I learned what not to do (if you know what I mean). More than once I found myself against the wall and hoping for a miracle. Sometimes miracles happened, some other times they were denied their visas lol. I also made tons of mistakes that I hope I won't do again. I know it could be worse, that is why I am still thankful.
I am “the glass is half full” kind of person, so I try my best to focus on the positives. The birth of our baby has been the highlight of the year.

The other highlight of the year came yesterday. My wife went downtown to visit her friend and I spent my evening with Skylar. I knew she would come back home late (that is what happens when she goes to see her friend) but not that late. I thought she might had been busy signing autographs as she was looking so hot when she left home lol

When she finally got home, she shared with me what happened. There was a long delay on the Subway. They were even asked to go out of the station to wait for the bus (which took forever to come). She was standing next to a guy who started complaining about all those delays. “Delays are not a bad thing” she started explaining to him. “When they happen, it is for a reason. We don't know why they happen, but they are a good thing. They are there to teach some lesson”.

Her travelling companion's mood started to change. He later shared with her about what he does. He owns a convenient store but business seems to be slow. “Keep going. Have faith. Everything will be ok. Don't give up. You will succeed if you don't quit”, she said to him.

When my wife told me the story, I was so amazed. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was so proud of her it's not even funny. She looked at me and stated: “I think I am ready to be hired as a coach”.

I couldn't agree more.

We have been through a lot this year, but I can say that what she said to me last night is simply amazing. Was she always like that? Sometimes yes, but most of the times no. That is what a pruning season can do if we keep a good attitude. We learn to have faith and keep believing no matter what. My wife has just graduated, don't you think?

If you are experiencing delays in your life, if nothing seems to be working, just know that behind the scenes, it is working even though you don't see it. You are growing into a different person. Hopefully a better one.

Moral of the story?

Do you want to enjoy delays? Just hire my wife as your coach and your mood will change.

Always a pleasure

Patrick
The Journeyman


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to my wedding

Where do I start? I don't really know. As I am waiting for my flight at Kigali airport, with tears in my eyes, I am thinking about the last few days. There are no words that can explain what I have experienced in this month of December 2010. As Phil Collins said, it's another day in paradise. The person who said that words are powerful was so right. It took a few words from my then girlfriend, now wife (are you kidding me!!!!), to start a series of events that led me to this moment. She just said: “Honey, this long distance thing is killing me”. Having been in a couple of long distance relationships, I knew what she meant. This time, it was different. I had to do something, otherwise, this relationship would end up like the other ones. I had promised myself to do whatever it took to make this one work. As I hung up the phone, I thought I had to move mountains. I had to find a way to meet her. Originally, my intention was to visit her in July 2011, however, this felt like a cent

My Journey to my meeting with Bob Proctor

He is a hero of mine, I have studied his material for years, I had met him once and at that time he even signed one of the books he gave to me. But, spending three hours in an intimate setting, hearing him calling my name, him talking to me from a few feet away was just a dream come true. Bob Proctor is simply a genius. He has been studying the laws of success for over fifty years, but he has a simple way of explaining things that I found myself saying “wow” all the time. I have listened to his audios, read his book and saw hundreds of his videos. It has come to the point where I can finish his sentences before he finishes them. But seeing him live telling his story is another thing. Call me crazy, but I just believe that I will end up working with him. I don't know how or when this is going to happen, but I know I will. It is with the same belief that I know I will one day meet Michael Jordan and Nelson Mandela (being with Pathe'O few weeks ago made me feel I am not that far

My Journey to a meeting with Gandhi

You must be thinking that I lost my mind when I say that I met Gandhi. Don't worry. I am doing fine. I met him only in a story that I heard. Do you want to hear it? I know you do. So I will tell the story Long time ago, there was a lady in India whose son was eating too much sugar. She tried so many times in vain to ask him to stop eating sugar. After a while, she thought that Gandhi could help. She took her son to Gandhi and begged him to tell him to stop eating sugar. He carefully listen to the lady, and then went: “Please come back in two weeks, I will be able to help you” Two weeks later, the lady came back to see Gandhi. The Mahatma looked in the young boy's eyes and told him: “Please stop eating too much sugar”. That was it. The lady could not believe it. “Do you mean I had to wait two weeks for you to ask my son to stop eating sugar” she said. “Why couldn't tell him in the first place?” Then, Gandhi simply said: “You see madam. Two weeks ago, I was still eating sugar